Registration from abroad


Are you coming from abroad and moving to Reimerswaal? Or will you be staying here for at least 4 out of the coming 6 months? Then you should register within 5 days after arrival. Registration is free of charge.

What should I do?

  • You have to come to the town hall (Oude Plein 1, Kruiningen) to register yourself.
  • You need an appointment to do so. Make an appointment for a first registration online, or call us at 0113 395 000 or 0031 113 395000 (from abroad) to make an appointment.
  • Every member of your family that is moving with you, has to come with you to the municipality. Make sure to select the right amount of people (aantal) when making an appointment.

What should I bring?

When you come to your appointment, bring along the following:

  • An ID for every person that needs to be registered proving the nationality of this person.
  • When your nationality is outside of EU: a proof of lawful stay.
  • When you are born outside of the Netherlands: legalised documents, like a birth certificate, a certificate of marriage (if applicable), a certificate of divorce (if applicable), for more information, you can always contact us.
  • The lease-contract or the contract of sale for the house you are going to live in or permission from the owner of the house.

More information

For more information, please see:  Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) and Legalisation of foreign documents (

If you come from the European Union and want to work and live in the Netherlands, a brochure in different languages will give you a brief description of all the necessary actions you must take after your arrival. From registering with the municipality where you live, your rights and obligations as an employee or self-employed person, to the rules and customs of living in the Netherlands.